Answered By: Jenny Horton Last Updated: Sep 19, 2018 Views: 189
Call 544-SNOW (7669), check the University website, or catch up with local media or social media sites to find out if the University is closed.
View the University inclement weather compressed schedule here:
If the University is operating on a compressed schedule, in general the Library is open on the same compressed schedule, i.e., if the University opens at 10 am, as appropriate the Library opens at 10 am on that day.
It is the policy of the University to maintain full operations while there are students in residence.
- NWS Alerts typically include snow, freezing rain, and tornados.
- The university generally issues a NWS Alert to the campus via e-mail when such alerts impact Lynchburg or the surrounding area.
When the university cancels classes and closes due to inclement weather, the Library will attempt to open or to remain open as long as staff and users are able to travel safely to and from the Library.
- The decision to open or to remain open rests exclusively with the Director of the Library.
- The Library will open or remain open only if at least one library staff member volunteers to report for work or to remain on duty.
- The director or the staff volunteer will send a university-wide e-mail indicating that the library will be open.
- It is up to the discretion of the staff volunteer to determine when the Library will close. After making the decision to close, the staff volunteer sends out a university-wide e-mail and notifies the college information desk indicating when the library will close. Signs of the closing will also be posted on the front door and the first floor Schewel connector door.