Answered By: Abby Lowery Last Updated: Jan 24, 2019 Views: 230
Yes, you may use the Library for quiet space and we have two computers available for guests, but you will not obtain borrowing privileges by simply walking into the building or use of private study rooms at your leisure.
Computing Privileges to Community Members
There are two computers available for guests are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- These two desktop computers are marked with multiple signs indicating GUEST LOG-IN. If you need assistance finding them or logging in, please ask the front desk.
- These two computers do not have Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) installed.
- These two computers have access to black-and-white printing. The charge is 15 cents per printed page. Please pay in cash at the front desk before your job is released to the printer.
- These two computers have access to the Library's online databases from on-campus connections, including VIVA database resources.
- Time limit for these computers is 30 minutes if someone else is waiting.
Will I have access to wireless computing? Yes, there is the "Guest Login" available for wireless access. Guests have access to UL_Guest wifi. Questions about wireless networking access can be directed to ITR (email@example.com)
Library Cards/Borrowing Privileges for Cooperative Borrowers
Questions from cooperative borrowing patrons are handled separately from the public patrons. Cooperative borrowing patrons need to identify themselves as such, and they will be asked to provide current proof of enrollment or employment. Ask access/circulation if you have any questions about cooperative borrowing privileges. University of Lynchburg reserves the right to restrict cooperative borrowing privileges at any time.
Library Cards/Borrowing Privileges for Community Members
- Patrons are offered University of Lynchburg Knight-Capron Library cards only if their research needs cannot be met by their public library or their academic library, if enrolled at an institution.
- Not all patrons who apply for library cards receive them.
- Apply in person at the front desk. You will be asked to fill out a form. Any questions regarding the form should be directed to access/circulation services.
- The form will be reviewed, and the Library will contact you regarding your application.
- Community users have no access to interlibrary loan privileges as part of your patron card application. Only current students, faculty, and staff have access to interlibrary loan privileges.
Hours/Parking for Community Members
The above link has information about parking on campus.
The Library's hours are listed here: http://lynchburg.libcal.com/hours.php
Only current students have identification card access to the library during late night hours (after 10:00 pm on most nights). Please contact Campus Safety and Security (434.544.8100) for clarification.